Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Florence Studio Painting Workshop

I'm so pleased to announce I'll be teaching a workshop at The Florence Studio, in Florence, Italy, my first international class.

What: 5-6 day Holiday Workshop
5 days instruction Mon-Fri 10am-3pm with one-hour lunch break with some afternoon and Saturday group activities in Florence with our host, sculptor, and co-owner/operator, of The Florence Studio, Frank Rekrut.

Dates: Oct 9-13, 2017

Price: 875 Euros, 50% non-refundable deposit due at time of registration. That price includes model fees. Students are responsible for their own airfare and accommodations. Email me at terrystr@terrystricklandart.com or Laura at The Florence Studio, theflorencestudio@gmail.com to register

About the workshop: This is a back to basics, oil painting, portrait class working from a
live model.

All skill levels are welcome from beginning to advanced. We will spend the first two days working on drawing, value and color mixing. The last three days we will put it all together in a painting of a single pose. I will give step-by-step demonstrations and individual easel to easel critiques.

Most of all it's going to be fun! As of now, I think there are two spots open.



This is from a quick demo I did at the Portrait Society of Atlanta, last year. 
Here is one of my latest studio paintings. David and Bathsheba, 36x58, oil on canvas over panel, 2016.

See you in Florence.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...