Saturday, April 20, 2013

Have Brushes Will Travel

On a recent trip to VA I was lucky enough to visit Norfolk Drawing Group. They are an amazing bunch of artists. They have been going strong for years and know how to show a girl a good time!

Here are a couple of the pieces I did that night. 
20 minute, oil on vellum, 12x9
I'm enjoying working on the vellum. It is Borden & Riley Denril Multi-Media Vellum. I block in an abstract shape and rub out with a scrap of T-shirt material.
40 minute, oil on Ampersand Gessobord, 14x11
I worked on the background of this one after I got it back to B'ham. I simplified and made it darker. 
The model was late so one of the drawers jumped in to do gesture poses, (Thanks Carol!)
The 40 minute pose, oil on canvas by my friend Mark Miltz
Walt Taylor, the renown artist of Crack Skull Bob sketch blog captured me in the act. He says he was inspired by my boots :)

I have his book, Under the Rancid Toreador. It is comprised of selections from his blog and is hysterically funny. I read it from cover to cover chuckling to myself. I highly recommend it and his blog.

Carol, Mark, Me and Walt
Sometimes people have been known to skip the main event and just show up for the after party, sorta' like in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...